Friday 31 October
- UNIMISS extracted 30 civilians from the Rubkona airstrip in Unity State, to a Protection of Civilians (PoC) site in a UN compound.
- According to a WFP official, famine in South Sudan is temporarily averted, but risks remain if fighting escalates.
- Canada joined the group of nations sanctioning top South Sudanese generals, accusing SPLA-Juba commander Marial Chanuong, and SPLA-IO commander Peter Gadet, of committing “atrocities. ”
Saturday 1 November
- Talk to Al Jazeera: Interview with President Salva Kiir about the ongoing violence, internal rivalries, and the future of South Sudan.
- The South Sudanese presidency dismissed reports from the opposition alleging arrest and torture of over 90 intellectuals and commentators from the Equatoria region.
Sunday 2 November
- Both the SPLA-IO and SPLA-Juba suffered heavy casualties in last week’s battle for Bentiu in Unity State.
- South Sudan chief justice, Chan Reec Madut, warned of tough measures against people who abuse their position of power, and urged the public to report them.