Monday 14 May
- SPLM accuses SSUF/A of carrying out attacks in Raja, Western Bahr el Ghazal, but the SSUF/A rejects these allegations.
Thursday 17 May
- The UN Security Council extends the mandate of UNISFA in Abyei for one year.
- The UN deploys 150 additional peacekeepers to the Unity area due to continuous clashes between SPLM and oppositions.
- Riek Machar has declined the decision of IGAD to move him to another country, restating his demand of free movement.
Friday 18 May
- At the Addis Ababa peace talks, IGAD warned that military atrocities and sabotaging of the peace process will be punished.
- South Sudan’s Former Political Detainees group pulled out of the opposition alliance and demanded separate representation at the peace talks in Addis Ababa. The mediation team of the peace talks accepted it.
- The nine aid workers that were abducted on Monday near Equatorian town, have now been freed, according to the US-based aid group World Vision.
- Radio Tamazuj: “South Sudan Talks: Summary of Outstanding Issues”
- Relief Web: “South Sudan: Physical Access Constraints Map as of 18 May 2018”
Saturday 19 May
- President Salva Kiir criticized police and law enforcement agents over the escalating insecurity.
Sunday 20 May
- More than 200 child soldiers were released from SPLM-IO and from the National Salvation Front, according to UNICEF.