Monday 4 March
- Ethiopian President Abiy Ahmed and Eritrean President Isaiaas Afwerki visited South Sudan to discuss the way forward for the revitalised peace agreement with President Salva Kiir.
- IGAD invited the leader of South Sudan United Front (SSUF), General Paul Malong for a meeting to discuss the implementation of the revitalised peace agreement. The meeting is scheduled for 11 March.
- Relief Web: “South Sudan: Force Protection Map as of March 2019”
Tuesday 5 March
- The UN accused foreign oil companies operating in South Sudan of stoking armed conflict in the country.
- President Kiir apologised to the people of Wau, Western Bahr el Ghazal, for “mistakes and suffering” during the civil war.
Thursday 7 March
- The National Pre-Transitional Committee said that the new government most likely will not be in place by the end of the 8-months pre-transitional period. Secretary Martin Elia Lomuro blamed lack of funding for the process.
- The UN appealed to the Government of South Sudan (GoSS) to release the human rights defender Peter Biar Ajak from prison. You can read more about this in posts from August 2018, here and here.