Monday 10 February
- Riek Machar announced, on behalf of the opposition, that they would not attend the next round of the peace negotiations as the released detainees were not invited to the negotiation table.
Tuesday 11 February
- Public rally for peace and reconciliation in Juba, more than 4000 participated.
- South Sudanese president Salva Kiir terminated the SPLM membership of former vice-president Riek Machar, former Unity state governor Taban Deng Gai and former environment minister Alfred Lado Gore.
- Machar withdrew the boycott of the negotiations as the released political detainees were invited to attend the peace talks.
- New round of peace facilitated by IGAD (Intergovernmental Authority for Development) talks started in Addis Ababa.
- IGAD asks for withdrawal of Ugandan troops
- UNHCR position recommends of non-return of refugees to South Sudan
Wednesday 12 February
- The released political detainees arrived in Addis Ababa to attend the peace talks
- The conflict was upgraded to Level 3 Emergency by the UN.
Thursday 13 February
- Clashes reported in Upper Nile
- The seven released detainees announce that they will participate in the IGAD negotiations as an independent group, SPLM leaders former detainees, not allies of either the government or the opposition led by Machar.
- The UN Security Council warned of famine in South Sudan.
- Machar asks the USA to pressure Ugandan troops out of South Sudan