Monday 16 March
- Between 70 to 100 people estimated killed in Lakes State after clash between youths from Rumbek East and Rumbek Center.
Tuesday 17 March
- Five dead in another inter-clan clash in Lakes state between youth from the Pakam community and Ruop in Rumbek Central.
- At least two people were shot dead, allegedly by an SPLA soldier, in Paloich area in South Sudan’s Upper Nile State.
- The African Union denied any connection with the document leaked 10 days ago that purports to be a draft of the African Union Commission of Inquiry report.
Wednesday 18 March
- The perimeter of a UNMISS protection of civilians site in Bentiu, Unity State was temporarily breached by SPLA soldiers during fighting in the vicinity of the compound.
- President Salva Kiir declared during his first public rally since last month’s negotiating failure that he is not intimidated by the ‘stick’ of sanctions waved by Western powers.
Thursday 19 March
- The SPLA (IO) claimed to have killed 13 government soldiers and seriously injured several others in an ambush in Nyabol Kubur, Unity state.
Friday 20 March
- UNICEF reports the warring parties in South Sudan have recruited more than 12,000 child soldiers.
Sunday 22 March
- The Joint Border Commission (JBC) of Sudan and South Sudan agreed to establish an escrow account to pay for the demarcation of their shared border.
- N. warns that South Sudan’s economy is threatened by rampant inflation as the central bank is allegedly printing money to meet a budget shortfall.
Monday 23 March