Saturday 6 June
- The SPLA launched an operation in Western Bahr el Ghazal to find the suspected rebels who killed at least 10 soldiers two weeks ago.
Sunday 7 June
- South Sudanese presidency dismissed media reports over President Salva Kiir bad health and alleged speculations that Minister of Defence, Kuol Manyang Juuk would replace him.
- According to a government official, South Sudan is set to unveil its’ first-ever coins into the market during the fourth independence anniversary on 9 July.
- Radio Tamazuj: South Sudan conflict situation overview, 7 June.
Monday 8 June
- Abyei Administration Area (AAA) and Western Bahr el Ghazal state signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) concerning institutional co-operation and capacity building for the displaced officials of Abyei region.
- Kuol Madang Kuol, the rebel-appointed ‘governor’ of Northern Bahr al Ghazal claimed that their forces captured an SPLA garrison in Aweil West County on Sunday morning. Government officials later denied this.
- South Sudan’s military said it controls the oil fields in Unity and Upper Nile States, contrary to rebel claims that they captured them after heavy fighting.
Tuesday 9 June
- The SPLA claimed it repulsed an attack allegedly carried out by the SPLA (IO) Panakuac, and took control of several areas previously held by the rival forces. The SPLA (IO) later denied this.
- At least three people were shot dead in a random shooting that occurred in Maridi town in Western Equatoria state.
- In Western Equatoria state a spokesperson for the Revolutionary Movement for National Salvation (REMNASA), claimed their forces destroyed a production unit belonging to the SPLA 4 km from Maridi town.
- Torit County Commissioner said that Hiyala Payam has been deserted by local residents since inter-communal clashes last week when about 149 houses were torched.
Wednesday 10 June
- The former caretaker governor of Northern Bahr al Ghazal state misappropriated over 160,000 US dollars’ worth of public funds, according to an investigation commissioned by the state legislative assembly.
- At least two SPLA soldiers were reportedly killed and 10 others wounded in clashes with the SPLA (IO) rebels in Manyo County Upper Nile state.
Thursday 11 June
- According to a SPLA (IO) spokesperson, rebel leader Riek Machar is in South Africa to participate in the African Union (AU) summit, starting next Monday, by heads of state and government in the continent.
- The governor of South Sudan’s Central Bank, Kornelio Koriom, advised the country’s lawmakers against returning the management of letters of credit under the bank’s authority.
Friday 12 June
- South Sudan’s government and the SPLM-IO have endorsed the proposed inclusion of new actors to the IGAD – led peace process.
- International Crisis Group: Disunity State: A journey through South Sudan’s Unity state.