Wednesday 28 December
- At least 15 people, including four government soldiers, have allegedly been killed in separate incidents in Torit town and surrounding villages in Eastern Equatoria over the past two weeks.
- SPLA (IO) detained a government official and his Tanzanian pilot after their plane landed in Ganyiel area, a rebel-held territory in Unity State.
Thursday 29 December
- Members of the Jalle community have petitioned the Jonglei state governor over repeated attacks by cattle raiders, blaming the government for failure to intervene or protect them from attacks.
- SPLA soldiers are accused of massive looting of churches, schools and residential areas in Morobo County, Central Equatoria.
- Reported attacks on Bapiny village in Jonglei and clashes in Maban County in Upper Nile .
Friday 30 December
- Three SPLA (IO) army generals have reportedly defected to the SPLM (IO) faction led by Taban Deng Gai.
Saturday 31 December
- The SPLA conducted a disarmament campaign in Juba to recover illegal weapons and boost the security situation before the New Year’s celebrations.
Sunday 1 January
- The Government of Sudan repeated its call to South Sudan to implement its pledge and expel Sudanese rebels.
- Foreign Policy: “The Revenge of Salva Kiir”
Leave a Reply