Tuesday 6 June
- A U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) official is providing forensic assistance in connection with the ongoing trial related to the Terrain Hotel attack in July 2016. The trial has been adjourned until 20 June.
Wednesday 7 June
- Al Jazeera video-report on Ana Taban artists “Young artists hope art can relieve suffering of war”
Thursday 8 June
- President Salva Kiir decided not to attend the upcoming IGAD extraordinary summit in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The summit, attended by IGAD heads of state and government, is expected to discuss the security and humanitarian situation in South Sudan.
- Financial Times in-depth report on the situation in Bidi Bidi refugee camp: “How the world’s biggest refugee settlement sprang up in Uganda”
Friday 9 June
- The South Sudan Media Authority banned at least 20 foreign journalists from South Sudan for “unsubstantiated and unrealistic stories”; the decision was met with heavy
- SPLA (IO) claim responsibility for a convoy attack along the Juba-Nimule highway when 14 people died.
- Op-ed by AP journalist, Justin Lynch in Slate: “In South Sudan, Fake News Has Deadly Consequences; Misinformation can fuel bloodshed”
Sunday 11 June
- Al Jazeera, video-report on child soldiers “Concerns as thousands of South Sudan children used as fighters”