Tuesday 6 March
- The New York Times op-ed on the on-going food crisis: “Famine Stalks South Sudan”
Wednesday 7 March
- According to a GoSS representative, South Sudan has formally applied for observer status in the Arab League, a 22-nation regional organization.
Friday 9 March
- GoSS has suspended the operations of Radio Miraya, owned by UNMISS, for failing to comply with media laws.
Monday 12 March
- President Salva Kiir has reportedly fired the Minister of Finance, Stephen Dhieu.
- The foreign minister of Egypt, Sameh Shoukry, met with GoSS representatives in Juba. The official visit aimed to boost bilateral cooperation, and discuss several regional matters.
- The European Union say is it ready to impose an arms embargo on South Sudan if the warring parties’ lack of commitment towards the peace process continues.
- African Arguments op-ed: “South Sudan: Buying off elites to stop fighting won’t work. Here’s what might”
- Al Jazeera: “South Sudan amputees: Lack of healthcare spurs infections”