Tuesday 13 March
- Salvatore Garang Mabiordit, a former undersecretary in the finance ministry, has been appointed as the new Minister of Finance following President Salva Kiir’s dismissal of Stephen Dhieu Dau.
- Radio Tamazuj: “Profile: South Sudan’s new finance minister Salvatore Garang”
- At least 16 people were killed during inter-communal clashes in Jalwau, Warrap State, between youth from Jalwau County and northern Rumbek.
- The Guardian, in pictures: “South Sudan’s Dinka people”
- Al Jazeera reports from Pagak, Upper Nile State: “South Sudan refugees return to devastated town”
Wednesday 14 March
- President Salva Kiir admitted GoSS has run out of cash due to the on-going conflict.
- Foreign Affairs: “The Key to Making Peace in Africa; Fighting Corruption Can Help End Conflict”
Thursday 15 March
- The UN Security Council renewed UNMISS’ mandate for another year and threatened an arms embargo if the fighting continues.
- South Sudan’s National Dialogue is set to conclude in June.
- Institute for Security Studies, ISS Today: “Is justice possible during South Sudan’s civil war?”
Friday 16 March
- Former SPLA chief of staff, Paul Malong visited Khartoum, sparking social media speculations about the exact cause and objective behind the visit.