Tuesday 24 April
Wednesday 25 April
- The Government of South Sudan appointed the Minister of Cabinet Affairs, Martin Elia Lomuro, acting Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, which opens questions concerning the status of the current Minister, Deng Alor.
Thursday 26 April
- An armed group in Central Equatoria abducted Ten South Sudanese aid workers.
Friday 27 April
- According to the UN, an increasing number of attacks on health facilities is worsening the humanitarian situation.
Saturday 28 April
- SPLM-IO claims that they have been shelled by government forces in Western Equatoria, the Joint Monitoring Evaluation Commission (JMEC) has asked the ceasefire body (CTSAMM) to investigate.
- SPLM-IO claims responsibility for Saturday attacks in Unity and in Jonglei.
- WFP: “South Sudan Situation Report #218, 28 April 2018”.
Sunday 29 April
- The Former Ethiopian Prime Minister Hailermarian Desalegn urges President Salva Kiir to resign. Kiir insists he will never resign.