Wednesday 13 June
- Riek Machar accepted an invitation from the Ethiopian Prime Minister to meet with the South Sudanese president Salva Kiir in Addis Ababa next week. The Government of South Sudan (GoSS) demands that a non-IGAD country hosts the meeting.
- Atem Garang de Kuek resigned from his position as the SPLM Chief Whip in the National Legislative Assembly. Stephen Ajongo Akol was designated the position.
- Salva Kiir ordered the return of all properties that had earlier been confiscated from Muslim communities.
- Devex: “What South Sudan’s Increasingly Fragmented War Means for Aid Delivery”
Thursday 14 June
- The US urged Kenyan officials to seize assets of South Sudanese to help the investigation of corruption allegations. Kenya refuses to comply.
Saturday 16 June
- South Sudanese parties started a three-days Intensive Interlink Consultations meeting to discuss a revised bridging proposal under the mediation of IGAD.
- The Cabinet adopted a budget of $584 million for the 2018/2019 fiscal year, which is an increase of 75% from the previous period.
- At least 138 members of the National Salvation Front led by General Thomas Cirilo defected and re-joined the SPLMA-IO.
- The East African: “South Sudan’s Natural Resources Bear Brunt of Conflict”