There will be no This Week in South Sudan for week 29 and instead a combined newsletter for week 29 and 30.
Tuesday 10 July
Wednesday 11 July
- SPLM-IO blamed the government forces for clashes in River Yei and for abducting civilians in the southern Unity region.
- The UN human rights office accused the Government of South Sudan of attacking civilians.
Thursday 12 July
- The parliament voted to extend President Salva Kiir’s term in office until 2021. Opposition groups and the Troika (US, UK, Norway) condemn the decision.
Friday 13 July
- The UN Security Council imposed an arms embargo on South Sudan.
Sunday 15 July
- The mediators presented a new power sharing proposal calling for five vice presidents in government, instead of the four suggested in the previous, rejected proposal.