Tuesday 14 August
- The next phase of IGAD’s peace talks started in Khartoum.
Wednesday 15 August
- President Salva Kiir proposed that 14 of the 32 states should be governed by the opposition as part of the peace deal.
Thursday 16 August
- Military chief General Jok Riak returned unimpeded from a visit to China, despite the UN imposed sanctions against him.
- News 24: “South Sudan’s Child Soldiers Hope for Life after War.”
Saturday 18 August
- The South Sudanese People’s Democratic Movement returns to the peace negotiation process.
- Roger Alfred Yoron Modi in Gurtong: “South Sudan Peace Agreement Should Provide for Removal of Post Holders”
Sunday 19 Augus
- The Eritrean President Isaias Afwerki spoke in favour of the peace process in South Sudan, and pointed at the need for enhanced relations with the Horn of Africa countries.