Monday 10 September
- The International Committee of the Red Cross reported that the ceasefire in South Sudan appears to hold. However, the SPLM-IO accused government forces of violating the ceasefire agreement.
Tuesday 11 September
- The Government of South Sudan extended oil production agreements with four companies: South Sudan’s Nile Petroleum Company, Malaysia’s Petronas, China National Petroleum Corporation, and India’s Oil and Natural Gas Corporation.
Wednesday 12 September
- President Salva Kiir and Riek Machar signed what is referred to as the final peace agreement.
- The National Salvation front, People’s Democratic Movement, the National Democratic Movement and the United Democratic Republic Alliance, refused to sign the peace agreement.
Thursday 13 September
- Communities in Jonglei state agreed to cease hostilities over grazing land.
- PRIO Global Fellow Luka Biong Deng Kuol in Radio Tamazuj: “Making the cost of non-implementation higher than the cost of implementation of the agreement”.