Monday 8 October
- The information minister Michael Chiengjiek said the situation in the detention center in Juba was resolved peacefully. The government of South Sudan (GoSS) agreed to grant prisoners with lawyers and fair trials.
- The National Pre-Transitional Committee will conduct their first meeting in Khartoum on the 14-15 October.
- The South Sudan Unified Front – Sudan section broke away from the group leader Paul Malong and declared its support for the peace agreement.
Tuesday 9 October
- Deng Alor from the SPLM Former Detainees (FD) ratified the peace agreement after a meeting with President Kiir. However, the leader of the FD, Pagan Amam, rejected the peace agreement and said he will not participate in its implementation.
Thursday 11 October
- The UN Security Council voted to extend the UN peacekeeping force in Abyei.
- Henry Ridgwell for VOA News: “Researchers say Human Toll of South Sudan War ‘as bad as Iraq or Syria’”.
Friday 12 October
- The SPLM/A-IO called on the GoSS to release key detained members of the group.