Tuesday 23 October
- IGAD deploys Regional Protection Force and establishes a Joint Assessment Team tasked to monitor the security situation of South Sudan.
- The non-signatory Federal Democratic Party accused the SPLM-IO of attacks in the Upper Nile.
- IOM South Sudan: “Migration Health Unit Report, July-September 2018”.
Wednesday 24 October
- Parties to the peace agreement are to attend the peace celebration in Juba 30 October. In a letter to president Kiir, Riek Machar requested three measures to be taken before his return to the capitol: the release of all political prisoners and detainees, the lift of state of emergency and the lift of the ban on opposition parties’ activities.
- Mark Ferullo in The Sentry: “Banking on War: Ending the Abuse of South Sudan’s Banking Sector by Political Elites and Pushing for Peace”.
Thursday 25 October
- Five political detainees were set free, which is in accordance with the peace agreement.
Sunday 28 October
- SPLM-IO blamed government forces for initiating violence in Yei River.
- The Chinese government donated 1.5 million USD to South Sudan to prevent the spread of Ebola.
- The South Sudan Patriotic Movement banished Malong Majok Yor, one of its prominent members, and accused him of conspiracy against the group.