Tuesday 4 December
- The Government of South Sudan (GoSS) launched a mobile payment platform to reduce the reliance on cash.
- The SPLMA-IO accused government forces of instigating violent clashes in Unity.
Wednesday 5 December
- The South Sudan Opposition Alliance (SSOA) suspended the election of Peter Gatdet Yaka as a new leader, reportedly due to the fear of splitting the group.
- Djibouti announced it will start to provide port services to South Sudan again following the restoration of peace. The services were shut down after the civil war started.
- Amir Idris in The Hill: “Why the US must not Ignore Struggle for South Sudan’s Soul”.
Thursday 6 December
- The Legal Action Worldwide, a group of human rights lawyers, sued the GoSS over alleged sexual assault on women and girls by government soldiers between June 2016-September 2017.
- Relief Web: “USAID: South Sudan Crisis, Fact Sheet #2, Fiscal Year 2019”
Saturday 8 December
- The United Nations claimed that all parties to the South Sudan conflict continue to recruit fighters despite the peace agreement.
- Modern Diplomacy: “South Sudan-India: Diplomatic Relations and Economic Partnership Potential”.