Jacqueline Best’s article ‘Security, Economy, Population’ is a welcome addition to the evolving discussion of ‘exceptionalism’ in the critical social sciences. As Best suggests, over the past fifteen years much discussion of emergency governance and exceptionalism has been shaped by post-9/11 security measures. I fully endorse her call to bring other forms of emergency government—particularly… Read more »
Enter your email address to receive notifications about new posts.
- Rethinking security through sound
- Secular risk governance? A look into the recent history of the Turkish military
- Beyond the Police: Jerusalem’s Modular Security Provision
- ‘Security, Economy, Population’- A comment to Jacqueline Best
- A Political Economy of ‘the Exception’? A comment to Jacqueline Best