By Swati Parashar Do all states embrace militarism as a natural condition of their existence? Can militarism in different states be differentiated in content and form? How do states engender security through militarism? How is civilian consent built around militarism, especially in postcolonial states? In an era when populist regimes seem to dominate the political… Read more »
Enter your email address to receive notifications about new posts.
- Securitizing the Muslim Brotherhood, legitimizing state violence and renewing authoritarianism in post-Arab Spring Egypt
- Stepping into the haunted house? Two challenges when slowing down critique
- Speed, Event Suppression and the Chronopolitics of Resilience
- Dangerous feelings: Checkpoints and the Perception of Hostile Intent
- A Fool’s Errand? Exercising Critique through Ethics in EU Security Research