The recent displacement of civilians and rebel fighters from the Damascus suburb of Eastern Ghouta signals an important victory for the regime of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad. In the face of these successes, it is worth remembering that the imminent downfall of Assad’s regime was proclaimed several times since the onset of violence in Syria in late 2011. Each time, Assad… Read more »
Enter your email address to receive notifications about new posts.
- Freezing time, preparing for the future: The stockpile as a temporal matter of security
- Who are the Civilians in South Sudan?
- The authoritarian surveillant assemblage: Authoritarian state surveillance in Turkey
- Review of Violence: Humans in Dark Times
- Charting the impact of ‘gender-sensitive’ DDR and SSR programs in post-conflict reconstruction